Sunday, January 30, 2011

A treasure chest of historical Australian graphic design

This year will be the 15th year of my life in Australia. I have come across a lot of brilliant artists through my career and my boutique: graphic designer, interior designer, architect, photographer, musician, singer, actor, actress...etc. They have become a collective little group of friends who are unique and passionate. Keep thinking!! ,,,why don’t I invite them to share their thoughts with us ?? Some of them live in Australia and some live overseas. My brief will be “What inspires you from where you live ?”
Here is my first invitation post. I would love to start from my dear friend Grace who is a brilliant graphic designer and director from Taylor&Grace.

A treasure chest of historical Australian graphic design:::::::::::::::::::

This is fantastic! Re:collection is a showcase of Australian graphic design from 1960–1980, but a warning before you click on the link – we haven’t been able to stop marveling at the talent of these great Aussie designers and get back to our own work!
Chapeau to Dominic Hofstede, whose labour of love has created a site that we predict graphic designers will turn to for years to come, for inspiration and for sheer pleasure! You’ll be amazed at how contemporary many of the designs feel. Just goes to show that good design is timeless. Enjoy.









































































































No comments:

Post a Comment